Author Topic: Differences.  (Read 4152 times)

Doreen

Differences.
« on: 05 Jul, 2019, 03:43:31 pm »
Having spent a week in Ireland in March and spending time with my family and friends who now have grandchildren and today child sitting my 10 yr old neighbour, the difference in children is amazing.

I had an appointment this morning for a pedicure and manicure. My little charge came with me, we had breakfast before in one of the bars. She sat the whole time, eating and chatting, she was enchanted at what went on at the beauticans, asking questions but not precocious. We then spent some time in the pool. We then went out for tapas, she ordered like a pro, ate lunch, we had fun and chatted. She also scolded me for not opening the door for Malcolm 😏

She is now lying on the sofa relaxed watching tv.

I have to admit it a far cry from some of the spoiled brats I met in Ireland who can't interact with anyone very well.

Raymondo

Re: Differences.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 04:06:13 pm »
The children in the Rural areas in Ireland are really well mannered and respectful to their elders.
Its the cities that have problems as chidren are much more streetwise unfortunately .
 Its  interesting  that Spanish children call their mothers Mammy as do the Irish children.
A sign of respect I always think. None of the Americain Mom etc. tG.
🙋

Doreen

Re: Differences.
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 04:09:24 pm »
I agree, I love hearing the word Mammy said by the kids ❤️
Every text I get from my kids starts Hi Mammy how are you? They are 30 & 28.

I come from a rural area too Raymondo so I was shocked at the children. Of course not all of them.