Author Topic: Air fryer  (Read 9640 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Air fryer
« on: 04 Nov, 2022, 11:40:03 am »
I've recently bought one of these as a friend says she can cook almost without any added oil.  I've done chips and simple things so far but am awaiting a cookery book for Beginners Air Fryers.
Has anyone else used one and did you lose any weight???

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Air fryer
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov, 2022, 03:06:13 pm »
Just bought one.  Trying it out tonight, I don't know about losing weight, but it's supposed to be more healthy. :laugh:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov, 2022, 04:04:14 pm »
I bought one from Lidl ages ago but it was huge and didn't justify the worktop space. i gave it away.  i have so many friends who love them that I am asking Santa for a compact one

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov, 2022, 08:42:29 pm »
Has anyone else used one and did you lose any weight???
:laugh: Made me laugh Frankie,  :undecided: mainly because I guess it's what you cook and how much you eat from it  :wink:

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov, 2022, 08:47:53 pm »
Those Ninja ones are supposed to be the DB's but having tried all sorts of latest ways including slow cookers we always seem to end up with steamed veg and oven cooked or fried meat dishes, can't really see how paying 250+ euro's will save you money in the long run?

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov, 2022, 02:11:39 pm »
You don’t have to spend silly money on one. Saw one for 90€ that does the job. We do vegetables in the microwave, cook mostly on the bbq, so cooking is quite cheap anyway.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 07 Nov, 2022, 12:13:20 pm »
Oooh! No, i didn't spend that amount!  I think it was about 70 euros from Lidl.  The cookery  book was a joke as some recipes were to feed 24 people!  Very few for just one or two and many of the ingredients are not on sale here and are items I've not heard of anyway.  I guess I have bought an expensive chip fryer as it looks as if that's all I'll be using it for! :blank:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov, 2022, 02:46:24 pm »
Google air fryer recipes, loads of ideas from chips to cooking meals, meat, fish and scones. :tongue: