Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 6399 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Amazon Fire Stick
« on: 26 Oct, 2019, 05:48:44 pm »
To all the techies out there and being non technical, our son has informed us that as we subscribe to Amazon Prime we can get loads of stuff, particularly the ATP tour.  On reading Digitalspy we would need the above as we don't have smart tv's.  Is this easy to set up? 

Drax

Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct, 2019, 07:30:11 pm »
I find a lot of information is available on their website
https://www.amazon.es/gp/help/customer/display.html
Dispositivos Amazon
and then the firestick bit... if you use Google chrome browser it will translate of course  :thumbsup:

or use the .co.uk website for the info = easier I think  :cool:

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 10:00:52 am »
do you not have an android box Pat?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 10:02:22 am »
I pay 5 euro PM for Amazon Prime but thought it was just to get online goods next day delivery and was thinking of cancelling as I only buy perhaps 1 or 2 items a month?

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 10:22:30 am »
Yes Clare, I have mag Android.  If I buy the fire stick in Spain, what language will it transmit, apologize for being a bit thick.  Frankie, we pay yearly subscription as we order quite  a bit from Amazon, so was very surprised I could get prime tv, but as our tv's are not the latest we would have to get a fire stick.

« Last Edit: 27 Oct, 2019, 08:37:00 pm by Clare Shirley »

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 12:15:38 pm »
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a fire stick which will be here tomorrow.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 12:48:13 pm »
I ordered one in June from Amazon es.  It never arrived.  Got an email thanking me for returning it and crediting my account  :shocked: :huh:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 01:38:42 pm »
Sounds far too complicated for me....  But thn, let's be honest, on occasion simply turning my laptop on can be traumatic for me.  Like, why do I keep getting messages that Classic Shell needs to download but when I try to delete it I am told it is something to do with the had drive?

jimmymac

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 05:21:21 pm »
Haven't heard of Classic Shell before frankie and I assume you meant Hard Drive as opposed to the old days when PC's had a Hard Dive and a Floppy one to take floppy discs. The mind boggles as things were so much easier in the old days. :laugh:

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 08:37:32 pm »
Yes Clare, I have mag Android.  If I buy the fire stick in Spain, what language will it transmit, apologize for being a bit thick.  Frankie, we pay yearly subscription as we order quite  a bit from Amazon, so was very surprised I could get prime tv, but as our tv's are not the latest we would have to get a fire stick.

you can add the app to your android box no need for firestick

if you are using Amazon Prime uk you will need a vpn to access the app whether it is on firestick or on the android box.

We use amazon prime here in Spain so we have the Spanish version which is fine for us

I have the app on my phone,tablet and the girls have it on their phones

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct, 2019, 09:27:26 am »
jimmymac, the message comes up every time I log on but when I try and delete it it won't allow me to!
I never had a computer when it needed floppy disks.  I refused to have anything to do with them (and mobile phones) until my sons bought me both before I moved here 15 years ago...  :rolleyes: