Author Topic: Films and Box Sets.  (Read 8745 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Films and Box Sets.
« on: 01 Dec, 2019, 12:27:18 pm »
I have a large dish which enables me to see all the TV programmes that I want.  However I cannot get Films or Box sets.  Does anyone know if there is a system which would enable me to just download Films and Box sets.  Obviously not via my dish.

Drax

Re: Films and Box Sets.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec, 2019, 01:42:59 pm »
To "download" and to "watch" are usually different systems and "download" can involve dodgy sites  :dunno: :crazy: :whistle:

Netflix and Amazon have their box sets and films, but you pay subscription unless you know someone already on Netflix who can add you as a "family member" or Amazon Prime for which I pay 36 euro a year.

Not sure of other systems like the new Apple TV..
 :tiphat:

Ukulele

« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec, 2019, 06:36:44 pm »
If you got a VPN to hide your internet address, you could download BBC and ITV box sets of their series, plus many films and other programmes, onto your computer. Then with the right cable you could watch these on your TV.

Some of these VPN's can be obtained for free, but it is probably best to purchase one. I use PureVPN, which costs about 40 euros pa.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 02 Dec, 2019, 09:48:38 am »
What's a VPN?  I do have a box, MXQpro, but I have no idea how to operate it!  Is it the sort of thing you mean, Ukelele?

Drax, how can I get Netflix or Amazon Prime (I did have this once to get speedy delivery on something I bought online, I think!)

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 02 Dec, 2019, 09:54:07 am »
Drax, how can I get Netflix or Amazon Prime (I did have this once to get speedy delivery on something I bought online, I think!)
We have netflix through a family member that subscribes to it.

Amazon Prime = log in to your account and sign up for it.
Here's a link to amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime  although I use amazon.es for mine

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 02 Dec, 2019, 09:57:54 am »
I will give this a go in a minute!  Thanks Drax...

Ukulele

« Reply #6 on: 02 Dec, 2019, 12:57:36 pm »
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network.

It is a programme that you can download to your computer that hides your true internet address.
More importantly, it can peruade the BBC and ITV that you are watching their i players in the UK,  so they don't block you from doing this.

From their i players you can watch their programmes live or on playback. You can also download films and box sets from them.
Purevpn.com

The box you describe is an android box used to watch such services as mucho tv, but you don't need it, as your computer can do all this with a VPN

FOGGY

« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec, 2019, 11:52:58 am »
C movies on your laptop hdmi to tele. I’ve used it for years. Turn cookies off so ads stop.
Good series to watch, breaking bad, power and many more to choose from on the site all free.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec, 2019, 03:34:53 pm »
I've given up and will have to wait until my 8yr old G'Daughter comes to visit! :rolleyes:

Drax

« Reply #9 on: 04 Dec, 2019, 06:37:12 pm »
I've given up and will have to wait until my 8yr old G'Daughter comes to visit! :rolleyes:
I spent 2 hours today with Amazon UK and they couldn't work out why the android box wasn't playing, it loaded, it got so far and stopped. The computer and laptop both work fine.
Amazon UK gave up and said to try asking Amazon Spain.

I'll chat with the 8 year old later, if I can manage technical Spanish  :rofl: :clap:

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 04 Dec, 2019, 08:35:50 pm »
i use Bee tv app for boxsets and films

if you want Frankie bring a jetflash into me and I will load it on to it so you can install on your box probably easier that way

with written instructions

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: 05 Dec, 2019, 02:57:40 pm »
"jetflash"????

Drax

« Reply #12 on: 05 Dec, 2019, 03:05:19 pm »
Perhaps a memory stick ?

Clare Shirley

• Administrator