Author Topic: Modern Appliances  (Read 9526 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Modern Appliances
« on: 26 May, 2019, 03:53:43 pm »
We have been replacing our old kitchen appliances and the new ones now come with whistles and bells, the iron beeps if it is left on plate down then turns off.  Also beeps if it is left on too long without movement.  The fridge and freezer beep if the doors are not closed fully.  The washing machine beeps to let me know when it's finished. After the dishwasher expired several years ago and decided not t buy another one as fed up with spots, streaks and odd bits still on dishes.  Finally gave in and bought a new one, this doesn't beep, but the crockery, glasses and cutlery have all come out squeaky clean.  Adjustments can be made to salt and rinse aid according to water hardness.  Just wish I had got one sooner and everything is so quiet.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
Re: Modern Appliances
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2019, 11:16:55 pm »
Yes our fridge beeps and so does the washer and my kettle fills it up for me. Handy for the morning when I stagger into the kitchen first thing in the morning

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2019, 09:26:24 am »
I believe you are never alone with a squeaking, rumbling fridge! :grin:  How dull life would be if I did not burn out at least one iron per year by forgetting it was left on and 'hoovers' died after just weeks of use (I have given 2 away, only to discover they behaved far better in other's houses).  How about a new electric hob which will not turn on for me but is happy to do it for any visitor?
Me and electrical appliances do not mix and I doubt buying new will improve things.  They just know I do not like them! :evil:

Raymondo

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2019, 09:15:12 pm »
I have a wonderful smashing looking  very modern appliance in our house.
Knows where the hoover is and how it works,  works the washing machine and other appliances without me having to lift a finger.!!
Turns on the hob and oven and as if by magic food appears  on the table.
On rare occasion manages to give me a cuddle at bedtime.
Hows that for wonderful appliance. 💑🍳👗

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2019, 11:23:26 pm »
Raymondo, I was about to ask if  you would loan out your 'appliance'  until the last but one line :sun: