Author Topic: SIP card  (Read 8611 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: SIP card
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jul, 2020, 10:43:00 am »
My Spanish neighbour is insisting that I will need to apply for a card and that the A4 certificate which I was given to replace the card which I had renewed a couple of years ago, will be invalid.  As there is no expiry date on it I had assumed it would be sufficient?

Drax

« Reply #16 on: 05 Jul, 2020, 10:53:04 am »
Hi Frankie,  :hi:

When you see your "friend" the mayor or your local police person, ask them. They possibly have a bit more knowledge than your neighbour, but a second opinion from someone in authority is probably best. If they start quoting you laws or statutes get them to write it down (in triplicate).  :rofl:

JessicaH

« Reply #17 on: 05 Jul, 2020, 01:48:42 pm »
Just been reading up on new rules for TIE card.
This came direct from the Spanish State BOE.es on 2/07/20
A trifle confusing because it does mention changing green card for the new one.
BUT... Last paragraph
when referring to those of us with “ permanente “ on our green card it stated

“the nationals of the United Kingdom, the members of their families and any other persons residing in Spain in accordance with the conditions established in the Agreement will not be obliged to apply for a new status of resident nor, therefore, submit to a new documentation”

So you, like the rest of us, can relax 😉 Feet up  and enjoy this incredibly hot weather

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jul, 2020, 02:10:36 pm »
JessicaH, I do not have any date on my useless bit of paper and neither does it say 'permanente'.  I will do as Drax suggests, even though the Mayor is no friends of mine since I threatened to remove his Cojones many years ago..

JessicaH

« Reply #19 on: 08 Jul, 2020, 05:49:24 pm »
Info from Madrid Embassy. For everyone’s information

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=630716360883658

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 08 Jul, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »
I was in the office of a Gestor yestetday snd heard her telling someone on the phone that all processing of NIEs had stopped , even for those that just had to be collected.  Nothing happenning until they have systems for TIE in place

Drax

« Reply #21 on: 08 Jul, 2020, 07:16:52 pm »
Excellent link Jessica, all those over here living under the radar, driving GB plated vehicles with no tax or MOT, thinking they are living a dream, can now wake up to the nightmare they are facing in the coming months.  :whistle:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 08 Jul, 2020, 09:31:49 pm »
 :I am sick and tired  of those who think they are clever living under the wire.  They  all deserve  what is coming to them. I hope.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #23 on: 09 Jul, 2020, 09:07:08 am »
Why can I not access JessicaH's link?
I know someone who has lived here for 20 years and still drives his UK registered car.  He takes a trip to Portugal as there is a garage there who will do an MOT and issue the certificate.  He then gets insurance here.  No matter how many times he is told by people that he will get nothing in the event of an accident, he knows best!

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 09 Jul, 2020, 02:39:37 pm »
I've applied for my appointment for all of us, I dont care if I don't have to, Im fed up with handing over my passport and residencia over. I look forward to just using that and my girls will benefit too as they are always being asked for their card.

Ive asked for a September appointment.

JessicaH

« Reply #25 on: 09 Jul, 2020, 04:09:44 pm »
I have just tried sit Frankie and it works for me.
Perhaps try going into Facebook UK Embassy Madrid  might work.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 09 Jul, 2020, 05:17:03 pm »
The insurers shouldn't issue insurance, they know these people live here...the same company probably insures their house here

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #27 on: 09 Jul, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
I don't know Judi, just know about the car!!!!
I have just tried JessicaH's link and it tells me it isn't available still. 
I will try the alternative suggested