Author Topic: Head and heart hearting trying to get to my parent's  (Read 4591 times)

karen1969

Head and heart hearting trying to get to my parent's
« on: 24 Nov, 2020, 08:53:21 pm »
Hi all
My mum has advanced vascular dementia.  My dad cares for her, he is 82 mum is 83. Dad had a bad fall and I have been trying to get down there since yesterday..... God it's hard.... Went to the Guardia yesterday to try get paperwork to get to them to care for them both. The Guardia was so lovely but could not give authority but gave me the email address to the Almeria console.  Emailed them yesterday and today as I need to get to them....... No response. Went to Albox local police today, no joy and not very understanding even though I was in tears as I need to care for mum especially... Now..... Wait for it...... Got sent to medico in Albox for me to see my doctor to see if he can write a letter to allow me to travel, appointment tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck as if there is no help there I will just have to take my chances and travel down with no paperwork

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Head and heart hearting trying to get to my parent's
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 07:53:59 am »
Hope you have better luck today.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 09:22:33 am »
Good luck Karen, fingers crossed for you. Can you get a letter from your mums dr to help your cause

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 10:23:05 am »
Not sure where you are going to but we went to Almeria hospital last MOnday.  We were stopped by the Guardia at the Overa Hotel roundabout.  THey asked where we were goiung, said Hospial Torrecardenas and they waived us on without asking for paperwork.  Good luck

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 10:29:11 am »
Same for me when I drove down there a couple of weeks ago.  I was also stopped at the same roundabout as Judi.  I showed them my paper showing the appointment and was waved on.  On the way back just over an hour later, I was stopped at the place where the tractor in the 'garden' is.  It was at that point I realised I had lost my paperwork as I intended showing them.  I was waved on again though, even having nothing to show them. 

karen1969

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 10:49:41 am »
Just got back from my doctor's with written consent to travel to my parent's to care for them, one happy bunny

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 10:56:51 am »
So pleased for you as I know how devastating it would have been not being able to visit with your Mum... :kiss:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »
So pleased.  It will not be easy but we will all be thinking of you.  Do keep in touch  :kiss:

karen1969

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »
Thanks everyone, arrived safely.  There was a motorway road block near Lorca where all cars had to come off, I was waved on but was so glad I had my paperwork otherwise I would have panicked

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov, 2020, 06:12:30 pm »
So pleased you made it.   :kiss: