Author Topic: Vaccination  (Read 14395 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Vaccination
« Reply #45 on: 26 Apr, 2021, 05:43:49 pm »
I didn't get an appointment for my first vacinnation and found out that my age group had been done the previous week.  I went along with some friends, who were younger than me, and I was vacinnated.  I seem to have had a conflict with SMS and messenger.  Just received a SMS saying that my appointment for Thursday has been cancelled!  Well at least messages is now working, so when I get my next appointment I will have to explain this is my second or I could end up getting a third.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: 26 Apr, 2021, 06:56:34 pm »
A lot of people's appontments for Wednesday at Olula have been changed to Thursday.  I didn't get an SMS but Danny at our Town Hall phoned me.  I had checked on Salud Responde, as Roger suggested, and they had our landline so I changed it but maybe too late.  As somebody once said ..all's well that ends well...wonder who that was ;)
« Last Edit: 26 Apr, 2021, 06:59:49 pm by Judi_bk »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #47 on: 27 Apr, 2021, 09:56:36 am »
My wednesday appt this week in Olula for my second jab has now been changed to thursday.
One of the reasons for the chaos of last wednesday was some people who had appts for the pm were turning up in the morning for it.  Obviously they were only taking sufficient doses for the appointments in the morning so ran out of vaccine.  I understand that this coming week anyone turning up in the am who has a pm appointment will be turned away...
« Last Edit: 27 Apr, 2021, 12:41:43 pm by frankie »

roger

« Reply #48 on: 27 Apr, 2021, 10:34:24 am »
My second jab has been moved from Wednesday morning to Thursday afternoon.
SMS system works very well.
My neighbor who is 69 has had her SMS for olula on Friday pm.
It's obviously very complicated to balance supply and demand, not knowing in advance how many vaccines they will have until they arrive.
The important thing is that the system is delivering 100% of the vaccines to people.
Even if we have minor inconvenience.

Wolfie

« Reply #49 on: 27 Apr, 2021, 06:17:51 pm »
Got a surprise text this morning to confirm my 2nd jab on Thursday which was already booked and confirmed 3 weeks ago.  Looks like it's going to be busy if they're moving people from Wednesday to Thursday.

Drax

« Reply #50 on: 28 Apr, 2021, 12:59:04 pm »
I understand that this coming week anyone turning up in the am who has a pm appointment will be turned away...
and so they should be... :crazy: either that or made to sit in the car park for a few hours until called  :whistle:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #51 on: 30 Apr, 2021, 09:02:06 am »
I had my second yesterday at Olula.  The longest time was waiting for the vaccine  to arrive after 9.30
We saw 2 lots being turned away and they were not on foot but in cars.   
We were told that soe of he people who live in Olula do walk but they do have to wait in line and they do not take priority.  Last wednesday when it was truly chaotic some were parking cars away from the ground and then walking in.  Now, they must prove they live in Olula before they are accepted.

I think the team were working really well and they are very efficient.