Author Topic: Covid plan  (Read 4182 times)

roger

Covid plan
« on: 22 Dec, 2021, 06:54:44 pm »
COVID PLAN

The Presidents of the Regions have met by video today with the President of Spain.

Tomorrow there will be a meeting of the Council of Ministers (The Cabinet).
This will be the time to decide whether to impose newnational regulations.

Some regions have decided to impose closures of some activities, some have decided to require a Covid Certificate to access some venues, while some regions do not want any new regulations.

It is likely that the Government will approve a requirement to wear face masks everywhere, including outdoors.
It is also possible that they will give the regions the power to impose other restrictions without having to obtain approval from the courts.

The Spanish President has stated that the main defence will be with vaccination.
The vaccine is controlling the situation and there are no plans for a mass lock down.

92% of the eligible population have obtained the two doses.

Hospital pressure is rising, but still very low compared to 12 months ago when we did not have the vaccine.
Currently bed occupancy due to Covid is 6%.
ICU occupancy due to Covid is 16%.

The Covid Certificate will be valid for 9 months from the second dose.
(Expect this to change when people have had the chance to get the booster).

To date, 84% of over 70 year olds have received the booster, and 61% of over 60 have received the booster.
55% of those who received the one dose Jannsen have received the booster.

The plan is as follows ..
By the end of this year 80% of the 60 year olds will have received the booster.
By 24th January 80% of the 50 year olds,
By 1st week in March 80% of the 40 year olds.

70% of the 5 to 11 year old children will have their first dose by 7th February.
And 70% will have their second dose by 10th April.

The army is being enlisted to aid the vaccination programme, and the regional health authorities have the power to bring back retired medical staff,

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Covid plan
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec, 2021, 09:03:41 pm »
Thanks Roger for update, very much appreciated.  I have always worn my mask when out and about, but have gone back to wearing gloves when in Supermarkets and disposing them after I have loaded the car. 

jimmymac

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec, 2021, 04:48:15 pm »
Thank you Roger. :grin: :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec, 2021, 05:12:04 pm »
Many thanks Roger!  Like Roscoe I've always worn my mask when out and about  When I shopped in Mercadona today I wore gloves as well... It's not a difficult thing to do...