Author Topic: Cooking oil  (Read 4391 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Cooking oil
« on: 11 Mar, 2022, 09:26:21 pm »
Have you seen the price of cooking oil, more than doubled!  Last Thursday whilst in Lidl there were 3 people at the checkout with their trollies loaded with 5 litre bottles of oil, must have had a tip off!  :angry:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Cooking oil
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar, 2022, 07:32:49 am »
Is that sunflower oil?  Guess what they grow a lot of in Ukraine?  I mostly use olive oil.  Admit I us some fry light spray which horrendously expensive

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar, 2022, 11:43:13 am »
Yep, sunflower oil.  What annoyed me was a week last Thursday in Lidl, 3 people at the checkout had the large trollies full to the brim with 5litre sunflower oil, somebody must have tipped them off that the price was going up by more than double.  :angry:

Quietman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar, 2022, 07:43:37 pm »
And what happens next ? ......... everyone panic buys because they think that there will be a shortage 😨😨
Same thing with every product ...... fuel, sugar,  wheat ?
I had a friend who was a supermarket manager .... he had several pallets of tinned salmon nearing the sell buy date. He put a sign on them that said "only one per customer " ..... people were going out and back into the shop to buy more !!
He sold the lot in hours 😂😂😂

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar, 2022, 10:34:26 am »
At the start of the first lockdown here I watched an old man filling his trolley with loo rolls.  I grabbed a pack before he took the lot.  Behind him at the checkout I was convinced he'd not be permitted to take so many but it didn't happen.  I counted 12 packs in his trolley.  At 8 per pack, that amounted to 96 rolls.  I asked if he had a bad stomach but he just shrugged.  I reckon he still must be using them now...

Yesterday in Mercadona I noticed a sign telling shoppers they were limited to how many bottles they could buy.  I think it amounted to one large bottle (5Litr) or the equivalent number of small ones... 
« Last Edit: 18 Mar, 2022, 02:16:55 pm by frankie »