Author Topic: Exhausted  (Read 4435 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Exhausted
« on: 14 Jul, 2019, 09:07:41 pm »
Federer v Djokovic down to the wire, England v New Zealand down to the wire with a rookie bowling a super over and Hamilton winning the British Grand Prix.  I need a lie down now. :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Exhausted
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul, 2019, 10:06:27 am »
I watched F1 and then switched to see the result of the Men's tennis only to find it was still going strong.  I watched that for a while and had a look to see what was on for the rest of the evening so I could plan what I wanted to see, only to find the cricket was in a Super Over.  BBC was with the crowds at Trafalgar SQ and I got hooked between the two.  I am not a tennis fan, nor am I a cricket fan but even I was holding my breath for both matches.
Well done to all those taking part.  Almost a shame there had to be winners as there certainly were no losers.

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul, 2019, 02:49:39 pm »
We were glad to provide the Irish Captain of the English Cricket Team to victory in the world Cup.
Moggie Morgan  from Dublin. !!
Now in return could you kick Brexit into touch please and let us all get on with each other.
Perhaps even  the Roman Godess of War might  thank us ???
🙌🙌
« Last Edit: 15 Jul, 2019, 02:51:17 pm by Raymondo »

jimmymac

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul, 2019, 04:57:17 pm »
Thought you might have a comment on the winning England cricket team having an Irish captain Raymondo, if you hadn't I would have. Not only Morgan from Dublin but Stokes the English hero of the day was born in New Zealand from a Kiwi father and English mother.
Whatever next, Jacob Rees (the stupid man) Mogg is making comments that this England victory will somehow help aid Brexit... :laugh: :laugh:

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul, 2019, 07:33:40 pm »
Indeed Jimmymac, Stokes was outstanding. So many talking points in that match, as well as Federer with two match points and the first 12 all tie break in tennis history as well. Great day for sport including Lewis Hamilton-the nation came together.

With the match screened on Channel 4 thanks to an agreement with Sky, cricket secured its biggest audience in years. Pay per view/Sky Sports would not have engaged the public the same way if they had the rights to screen the final live.

I see Stokes is 2 to 1 with the bookies to become BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Errmmm bit short there on those odds.

As for Jacob Rees, I see Neale Richmond, an Irish senator and the Fine Gael spokesman for European affairs within an hour to remind him the captain was Irish. In the 15 man squad Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid are the grandchildren of Pakistani immigrants and both belong to the Mirpuri community. Apart from the captain and Stokes, two more players were born abroad. Well done to the whole/team squad, what a finish, still tied on runs after the super over, but with more boundaries England the victors, who would have placed that bet with Bet 365!