• Administrator
Snow?
« on: 17 Jan, 2020, 09:49:59 am »
Just seen its down to 700 on Monday Frankie

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Snow?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan, 2020, 09:54:41 am »
Yes, Butano man, muffled up with more layers I have seen him in, said I will get it at the weekend.  I bought extra supplies yesterday, just in case. :wink:

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 06:44:02 am »
Cold Wave: Snow will reach unusual province points
The temperature will drop in some villages to a maximum of only 5 degrees

Quote from: La Voz - 18th Jan
In a matter of days the Almanzora Valley will change from almost spring temperatures to totally winter weather conditions and most likely that will be accompanied by snow in much of the region.

On Friday the maximum temperatures touched twenty degrees but from dawn on Sunday to Monday this situation will change radically.

The Almanzora Meteorological Observatory (OMAA) has advised that the maximum temperatures will drop to five degrees, so the minimum temperatures will be around zero and even below zero in the highest zones of the valley, where they will also witness snowfalls that can reach thirty centimeters thick.

The cold wave will focus on the valley although temperatures will drop throughout the province, so that there may be occasional snowfall even in municipalities that are not used to them such as Albox, Macael or Cantoria.

Although it is not ruled out that the snow can stick, its thickness will be much lower than that of the higher altitude villages such as Bacares or Serón.

"The snow level will go down throughout the morning from Sunday to Monday. Will go down even to 400 or 500 meters," said the head of the OMAA, Juan Jesus Maestre. "Snow will fall from the lower part of the region, Zurgena and Arboleas , upwards."

The forecasts predict the chance of precipitation “until midweek; until Wednesday approximately” but the rains will be intermittent. Those of maximum intensity, however, will be “in the early morning from Sunday to Monday.

It is not that it will rain heavily but it will be constant for several hours and enough litres will accumulate. We will not reach 60 or 80 litres but it may reach 30 litres in some areas.” Litres that can be transformed into snow at some points reaching 20 centimeters or even 30 centimeters.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 07:12:29 am »
 :cold: :snow:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 10:33:37 am »
Oh, Deep, deep joy!!! :sad: :freezing:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 12:22:31 pm »
It's  been a long time since I walked  the dog's in the snow. :cheesy:

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 12:47:56 pm »
The locals in the bar just told me there is no chance of snow down here in Arboleas, Zurgena, lower Almanzora valley areas as we "live in a desert".. until I showed them the article in today's paper, then it started raining => blame me  :rolleyes:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan, 2020, 01:18:14 pm »
We had snow here that settled in 2006 I think

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan, 2020, 10:24:39 am »
Who has snow?  Paul the Pool has just been up Los Torres way and says the surrounding hills are covered

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan, 2020, 10:30:28 am »
taberno, oria, velez rubio have snow

olula and albanchez have sleet

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan, 2020, 10:36:40 am »
It snowed late pm yesterday (sunday) and it must have turned to sleet later and the ground froze overnight, so it is treacherous underfoot.  I think it is some sort of holiday around here (loads of fireworks going off) and the road is freezing as sleet is hitting it. Very few cars attempting the drive down to the Baza road. :snow: :snow: :snow: