Author Topic: Memory?  (Read 4097 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Memory?
« on: 29 Aug, 2022, 09:05:44 am »
I appreciate that I'm getting old(er) but I can remember most of my passwords - bank, electric, NIE, facebook etc but cannot remember my car registration.  Many of my other passwords are recent and we are supposed to lose short term memory as we age but most of the passwords are recent (within last 4-5 years), while I've had the car approx 10 years.  I hate losing anything but due to my OCD most items are in the same place, so not a problem.  However, I have tried to put the kettle in the fridge and have stood in Mercadona wondering what the hell i'm there to buy as I've left the list at home....
How are the rest of you doing?  C'mon 'fess up!  :wink:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Memory?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug, 2022, 09:58:52 am »
To start with I don't think you have had that car 10 years?  I could NEVER go shopping without a list,  I would just give up and go home.  I make lists of everything - no idea how I would manage without them

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug, 2022, 02:32:30 pm »
Must have my list.  My registration plate ends in LGB! :laugh:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug, 2022, 03:15:21 pm »
You're right Judi.  I bought the car in 2014, although it does seem longer... 
It was first registered in 2000 but only had 33,000 klms on the clock.  When I  queried it the salesman agreed with me that it couldn't be correct.  However when we checked the log book etc, all the paperwork was there, including the ITV's and relevant mileage and all servicing etc had been done by them.  Now the mileage is up to 136,000, still not too bad for a 22 years plus car.