Author Topic: Nightmare  (Read 13827 times)

jimmymac

Nightmare
« on: 24 May, 2019, 05:51:52 pm »
Just over 3 years ago I had this unbelievable nightmare in which the UK voted to leave the EU, Donald Trump was the US  president and Boris Johnson was the UK PM. Totally frightening but couldn't possibly happen I thought.
Guess what, possibly within the next couple of months the nightmare could become reality? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Raymondo

Re: Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2019, 06:18:51 pm »
And the pound and my UK pension sinks into a black hole.
Bozo as PM ??? God help us all. Im sorry for Theresa. She got really shafted by her party. The rollercoaster continues.
Only good thing is if there is a general election the DUP will go back to being nobodys.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 24 May, 2019, 07:02:23 pm »
And what is also a part of that nightmare is the fact that Farage is making a rapid comeback and is now is soaring back up the ladder with his new party.
Like you, Jimmymac, never in a month of sundays would I have ever forecast any of this...

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 24 May, 2019, 08:40:03 pm »
I think Farage is so up himself that he doesn't realise that the majority of the population actually dislike him. According to the polls he has a negative rating of 56%.

As for Bojo the man has lost his moral compass and says things regardless of whether they are true or not.

I am a firm believer that the electorate get the government and the leader of the country they deserve.

:tiphat:

Richard.

AnnieM

« Reply #4 on: 25 May, 2019, 08:12:11 am »

jimmymac

« Reply #5 on: 25 May, 2019, 05:36:30 pm »
Larry would have my vote, judging by ones who have declared their interest Larry would be favourite, put a bet on him :rofl: :rofl:

Ukulele

« Reply #6 on: 25 May, 2019, 05:53:26 pm »
Rory Stewart is coming across as very thoughtful, reasonable and honest.

His view that  'no deal' is not a destination, but the failure to reach a destination, rings true.

'No deal' will leave us with all the same negotiations to do, but we will be outside the EU, so it will be even harder to get a desired result.

Raymondo

« Reply #7 on: 25 May, 2019, 06:27:28 pm »
Is  Matt Hancock related to Tony Hancock.  He would have made a wonderful PM.
Any comedian can take a no deal but it wont be funny.  The pound will be worth 3 and 6 pence.

jimmymac

« Reply #8 on: 25 May, 2019, 07:02:47 pm »
Agree with the comments on Rory Stewart he appears to be one of the best of a motley crew!

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25 May, 2019, 07:19:16 pm »
At least he appeared honest.

Raymondo

« Reply #10 on: 25 May, 2019, 07:51:50 pm »
So was Theresa May.

Ukulele

« Reply #11 on: 25 May, 2019, 08:15:30 pm »
You think so ....
all she ever did was appease the Tory Brexiteers members and MP's .... Brexit means Brexit ... No deal is better than a bad deal etc.
Stewart says he is not going to do that cos he knows that a decent Brexit,  is a much more difficult to accomplish and is honestly saying so.....
though personnally, I think any member of a party that imposed austerity on a country to persue its political ideology and the dismantling of the state and common welfare, is not worth supporting in any case.

AnnieM

« Reply #12 on: 25 May, 2019, 08:34:49 pm »
I hope you’re not all expecting someone reasonable to get the job!  We’ve had the two worst PMs in living memory one after the other and they will probably now go for a hat trick.  ☹️☹️

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #13 on: 26 May, 2019, 09:18:42 am »
Looking at the 7 who have said they will stand and those who are faffing around when you know damn well they will not be able to resist., there is not a leader among them. 
What is even more concerning to me is the rise of Farage again.  With the way things are going he could be PM in the future.  I have always been a big fan of  'Widders' but am so disappointed to see she has now allied herself to his party.

Raymondo

« Reply #14 on: 26 May, 2019, 09:23:38 am »
Its so strange that the UK a once mighty nation who had great leaders in the war years and before and  the US the most powerful country in the world cant find a leader amongst them. ??
You are right Frankie, wouldent let them run a coffee shop.