Author Topic: English holiday makers in Spain will have to quarantine.  (Read 4542 times)

Billy1

English holiday makers in Spain will have to quarantine.
« on: 25 Jul, 2020, 08:19:51 pm »
 The Uk Government is announcing that from midnight tonight all British holiday makers in Spain will have to self quarantine for 14 days on return to UK.

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: English holiday makers in Spain will have to quarantine.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul, 2020, 08:59:38 pm »
Can't see them doing it.   :angry:

Billy1

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul, 2020, 09:01:18 pm »
Hi Roscoe, they HAVE done it, watch the news. Billy1.

Billy1

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul, 2020, 09:33:41 pm »
 The UK Government is now advising only essential travel to Spanish mainland. Billy1.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »
Watching.  I could see it coming.  I am shielding my husband.  Every day I see other ramblers and dog walkers with their masks under their chin, over their wrists etc.  Sorry to be boring but I wear mine as much as it it is uncomfortable and sweaty

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 10:03:23 am »
So do I Roscoe.  It is usually soaking wet when I get back home, which is why I have 4 washable ones.  I am amazed when I see so ay with them covering the mouth but not the nose.  Maybe they only breath through the mouth?
I am a bit surprised that the whole of Spain has been deemed a risk as, according to one of my Spanish painters, it is only in the NE of Spain which has the spike in cases. 

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 05:22:47 pm »
So, so many moaners on the BBC news I'm getting sick of watching it.

This morning some woman complaining that she'd only arrived last night. Sat in the hotel garden in Marbella, swimming pool empty, no one else on the sunbeds around the gardens, it's about 7:15 here 6:15 UK, beautiful sunshine and she's out there on her laptop to the BBC complaining that her "holiday is ruined".

Jeez, she hasn't even had her first breakfast in Spain yet before contacting the BBC!! Now if the tour company had dropped her off in the middle of the night and her hotel wasn't built yet, THAT would be a ruined holiday  :dunno:

Next one on another bimbo in Mallorca this time, complaining that when she gets back in a couple of days she won't be able to go out to look for a job for two weeks. For crying out loud, if you ain't got a job girl wtf are you doing holidaying in Mallorca in times like these?

Do the BBC pay these idiots for their inane contributions to the Covid pandemic rules?  :angry:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 05:31:16 pm »
I totally agree Drax.  The other thing getting on my nerves is the wailing about the timescale of bringing  this rule in.  Prior to this the world and its wife bewailed that why didn't  they bring in these rules sooner.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2020, 05:36:48 pm by Roscoe »

Drax

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 07:41:33 pm »
So just now 7:30 pm news they "had to act" with 14 days quarantine for everyone arriving in the UK from Spain - Dominic Raab doesn't want a spike in the UK from Spain.

It's the tourists arriving here that are giving Spain a spike. We were low until the holiday business complained about "no income" - take it or leave it !
Fools  :angry:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 10:08:01 pm »
I'm staying at home, hopefully safe.  Yes I  agree borders shouldn't have been opened.  :angry:

olly

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 11:05:41 pm »
 Yes decided to go back into lockdown until the holidaymakers, Spanish and English and European, go back home in September.
Not worth the risk.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul, 2020, 02:22:21 pm »
It annoys the hell out of me that we have stuck to all the rules, were getting fewer cases reported and then, as Spain was opened up to the rest of the globe, we could possibly get another lockdown.  However I understand that most of these new cases are mostly up in the NE of Spain.  I am still keeping safe at home... :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: