Author Topic: Mercadona Trollies  (Read 8293 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Mercadona Trollies
« on: 05 Jun, 2019, 05:24:09 pm »
The new trollies cannot be taken outside at the back of Mercadona, the wheels lock.  Don't know about the front car park.  So I had to carry all my shopping, bag by bag to the car, leaving the rest in the trolley and the car wide open until all had been loaded into the car.  What if you had a wheelchair and trolley or a child in a pushchair?  Surely they could have put the automatic lock on at the kerb. 

Raymondo

Re: Mercadona Trollies
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun, 2019, 06:00:54 pm »
We now go into the car park. Its safe secure and easy in the lift for trollies.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun, 2019, 07:01:39 pm »
I always use the car park.  Is this just the small trolleys?

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun, 2019, 08:04:26 pm »
It's all the trolleys Judi, I've had problems since day one... now when I get asked "Parking?" at the checkout I say I am in the street and the trolleys (carro) don't work. The helpful lady runs into the store (shutters at the LHS front, near the sweeties) and brings out an old one - we decant the shopping into it and I go to my car.

At the rear parking area it's quite easy (if you are strong enough) to lift the blocked wheel and push the rest.
 :tiphat:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun, 2019, 08:06:44 pm »
I used the big one.  The reason I use the back park Raymondo is if the disabled space is free it is convenient to park there as o/h goes to physio across the road and then I do the shopping.  So now I will have to drop off at physics, double park to get him in the door causing traffic chaos and then park upstairs.   :thumbsdown:

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun, 2019, 08:12:14 pm »
Just as an afterthought about the "old trolley", the queue behind me wasn't too impressed that the lovely checkout lady had to go find a solution to "parking in the street means the trolley won't go there situation" I don't think it will last if enough of us let them know...

Places like Vera Playa with out of town stores are ok, Albox needs a rethink
« Last Edit: 05 Jun, 2019, 08:14:02 pm by Drax »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun, 2019, 02:53:15 pm »
Olula is also no problem.  Lots of shade to park and I usually go to upstairs parking as there is always loads of room, even when downstairs is very busy and there is a lift.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 03:43:30 pm »
Cracked it, I was able to park right outside the physios today.  Marched into Mercadona and politely asked for a metal trolley as my car was across the road, young lady went and got me one, sorted. :tongue: