Author Topic: Infections and deaths  (Read 8602 times)

roger

Infections and deaths
« on: 20 Jan, 2021, 10:09:11 pm »
A continuing rise in infections in almeria province.
Plus 3 new deaths.
Almeria
Arboleas
Vicar

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Infections and deaths
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan, 2021, 10:13:56 pm »
Not good.  If the bars were closed it could improve.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 07:16:16 am »
The bars are closed in Albox and Arboleas

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 10:09:28 am »
The regional governments want to impose home confinement but the central government as yet are dragging their feet
The same as changing the curfew from 10pm to 8pm as it's not just a simple matter of yep go ahead, as it changes the state of alarm as it was decreed which means going in front of the senate and asking for permission and Sanchez's idea was have a basic state of alarm let the regional government take on the mantle and any blame that may ensue 

So they are looking for ways around it but I see no other choice.

I also believe its time now they shut the schools and did online learning for a while,
1- There are so many teachers and children off in my daughters school they have more free hours then subjects
2- They are carriers and spreaders. A simple headache to them is someone getting very ill elsewhere

I have also noticed something else in this third wave.

In the second wave there were a lot of positives. I would ask everyone one I met who mentioned "oh Joe bloggs has it" "is he ill is he showing symptoms?" "No he just tested positive"

This time people are getting poorly when positive and whereas before say Mum would get it but the rest of the family would be ok, the whole family is getting ill. The British and South african variant mutations are far more contagious than other variants
(ie the Spanish variant that appeared in the uk after summer)

I'm lucky that while my boss has had it and is getting over it, I didn't catch it, after three pcr tests Im negative. I caught it last year at the end of January before any of us knew about it. I had a dry aching cough that felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest and extreme tiredness the cough took three weeks to go and my sense of smell took 7 months to start to recover and even now its not good.

There is no need to blame the bars, its the people testing positive who flaunt the rules and continue to go out and shop and pop along to next door are to blame. And majority of bars and restaurants were shut on the two days where the time tables were extended
Majority of folks (Spanish) I know stayed in their one households bubbles. The general theme was This year will be small so we can see next year and share it with everyone. They stayed at home and celebrated in small groups.

Material masks however pretty or comfy do not protect others. I have watched people touch their masks because they move when they talk, their glasses steam up so they move their masks every time they do these they don't wash their hands or sanitize. They then touch doors, products and other items.

The best masks are the mercadona ones after being tested they protected 99% compared to material masks and others the FFP2 or Kn95 masks are the best but are very hard to get now.

I wish that they could improve the COVID radar app to include the following

You are positive please indicate which of the following are you

-Positive with no symptoms
-Positive with mild symptoms
-Positive with strong symptoms
-Positive which requiered hospitalization.

This is believe would help the general public, medical personal and the government to know how things stand.

Stay safe folks. Lets hope this improves

Lmj19

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 10:36:51 am »
Good post Clare

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 01:06:02 pm »
Yes thank you

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 03:59:12 pm »
Very interesting Clare, thanks...
We are still coping better than UK currently is.
Needed to take my cat to vet yesterday and they gave me a pass for next time, same as I'd had in the 1st lockdown as they are convinced we will be going into full lockdown mode at the weekend for 2 weeks.  This to include schools.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 05:10:03 pm »
Im awaiting with bated breath tomorrows meeting

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 06:11:36 pm »
I think it will happen as the hospital in Huercal Overa is at critical level - squeezing extra beds into the ICU, and Consultas externas, and the gym.

Don't be tempted to do any shopping just because you are at the vets - On Arboleas Life....The Guardia are active and random stopping at different times of the day and evening. One of the members was stopped going to the Vets. They had to show paperwork and was allowed through. On way back was stopped again. Not asked for paperwork but had to get out of car and open boot. They were checking to see if they had been shopping.
Please do not try to go shopping in Albox. If caught, you will be fined.

roger

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan, 2021, 08:07:45 pm »
Despite the fall in numbers it has been announced that the closure of bars etc in arboleas will continue for 15 days.
This is welcome because the true infection rate in arboleas is still over 1000 because there are around 2000 false padron registrations.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 07:16:12 am »
But they are letting Los Llanos market open!!!!!!

Drax

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 07:41:18 am »
...there are around 2000 false padron registrations.
Hi Roger, please could you clarify why and how this occurs?

Wolfie

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 08:42:45 am »
I think it's quite obvious to those who have been members of the Arboleas Forum for a number of years. People were actively encouraged by the mayor and town hall staff to register on the padron even though they were only temporary visitors purchasing a holiday home.  It was like that for years until they were 'caught out' and now they are denying it.

Drax

« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 09:42:39 am »
I still need to get my head around this, especially "temporary home owners".

If these people were holiday makers then yes that would be a fraudulent registration but to register after you've bought a property in the town surely can't be a fraud?

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:32:02 am »
DRax you are only supposed to sign on the padron if you are resident in that municipality which if you are a holidaymaker isnt true
The Padron is like the electoral roll and council tax register if you dont live there you shouldnt be on it